Best Online Casinos to Play Blackjack 2023
Also known as Twenty-One, Blackjack is a card game that involves a number of players versus a dealer. Each player competes against the dealer individually and not as a team. You can always play card games like blackjack on the internet at the different online gambling sites that are licensed and allow Dutch players.
The Best Online Casinos
Best Online Blackjack Casinos Review 2023
As liberal as the Netherlands seems to be, there aren’t any legal online blackjack sites in the country, so players have to play online casino games on international websites. This will increase Dutch gamblers’ safety when they want to play online blackjack as the sites will be regulated in the country.
The best online blackjack casinos for Dutch players – How we test?
We would love your online betting experience to be worth your while, which is why we have developed a five-factor test to enable you to play on the best online blackjack sites available. After all, you’re playing on real money.
- Welcome and no-deposit bonuses: The best online gambling sites usually have impressive bonus offers for online gamblers. The terms and conditions attached to these offers must be as reasonable as possible – they shouldn’t be too hard to claim and utilize.
- Jackpots: So you’re looking for online blackjack sites that you can hit it big and have your bankroll skyrocketing – you can rest assured that the real money casinos in our review have one of the best jackpots and progressive jackpots you can find.
- Tournaments: We also check for the availability of lucrative tournaments on these money betting websites. A good online casino should offer many tournaments that have profitable payouts.
- Loyalty Program: You deserve to be rewarded for using your money to gamble regularly on any website. The leading only casinos compensate you for doing so and ensure you enjoy the benefits of playing online real money games consistently with them.
- Software: No one likes to have a cringing experience, especially when they gamble with real money. We test the usability of the software used by the gaming companies to see if they will truly provide a decent user experience.
The best blackjack online casinos for players from the Netherlands
These are some of the leading sites where you can play blackjack online if you’re in the Netherlands.
- Bob Casino: This real money blackjack casino was launched in 2017, and it is tagged “The #1 place to have fun”. After registration, you get up to 500 euros on your first three deposits and 140 free spins. The site allows you to play with real money and enjoy free practice blackjack games to hone your skills. Bob Casino has a loyalty rewards program for playing consistently with them. The banking options are many, including iDeal, Trustly, Visa, MasterCard, and Bitcoin.
- Lucky Days: When you sign up with this gaming company, you will be welcomed with up to 1000 euros, and 100 free spins spread across your first three deposits. You can play live blackjack games, as well as the different variants of the game. The banking options on this site might not be as many as the other top 5 blackjack casinos, but you will definitely enjoy your gameplay on the platform.
- BetAmo: The bonuses you will find on BetAmo are quite impressive. First, you get up to 300 euros, and 150 spins spread across your initial and second deposit. You will also be treated to an amazing 50% deposit bonus up to 250 euros every Friday, as well as 100 free spins for depositing every Monday. BetAmo’s VIP program has lavish prizes for regular players, and the banking channels are many.
- LeoVegas: Things get interesting with the bonuses offered by LeoVegas. Your first four deposits can boost your betting account to 1600 euros and 100 free spins. If you’re looking to play regularly with them, their VIP programs will keep you satisfied. Note that the banking options on this multi-award winning casino are not so much.
BetChan: With Betchan you will get up to 400 euros and 120 free spins spread across your first four deposits. You can also enjoy up to 100 euros every Monday when you make deposits. Loyalty rewards are guaranteed for playing regularly, and there is a wide range of banking methods for players.
The different variations of blackjack
The different blackjack variants simply add twists to the well-known version of the game. Here are the most common types:
- Spanish 21: At first glance, this variant seems more favorable for the player than the dealer. But on closer look, you might have second thoughts. Unlike regular blackjack, there are no 10s in a Spanish 21 deck. Card counters know that the less there are 10s, the fewer chances a player has to win – so this variant might be more advantageous to the dealer than to you.
- European Blackjack: Traditional blackjack involves both the players and the dealer having two cards, one facing up and the other facing down. In the European twist, a player will only get one facing-up card to start. The player won’t receive the second card until the croupier deals the cards round to the other players. In addition to other strict rules, this variant is harder to win for players.
- Blackjack Switch: Here, you can play two hands instead of playing one. This is advantageous to the player in that you are free to switch your cards from one hand to the other to get a better game. The play is balanced by making the other rules favor the dealer.
- Pontoon: In pontoons, you’re allowed to double down before you take your ensuing hits. Unlike standard blackjack where you can only double down with your two original deals, you are free to double down with more than two cards. When there are ties, it doesn’t lead to a push – this means pontoons tend to favor the dealer.
Side betting on online blackjack
Side bets offer you the chance to win additional money asides the original cash prize you are gunning for. You can win both the side bet and basic hand, or you might win only one of them. Either way, your winning potential is raised by these additional bets. You can play with real money or choose to play free online blackjack with side bets. Here are the commonly played side bets:
- 21 + 3: This 21 + 3 side bet combines elements of blackjack and poker. If two of your hands and the dealer’s face-up hand create a poker winning combination, you have won the side bet. Just keep on forming straights, flushes, and threes of a kind as much as possible, and watch as your bankroll hits the roof.
- Perfect pairs: This is straightforward to play, in that if both of the cards the dealer gives you are of the same rank, you win the game. You will get the highest payout if the croupier deals you exactly two of the same kind of cards. This is so because the chances of getting exactly two of a kind are much slimmer than getting other combinations.
- Buster blackjack: This is also easy to grasp in that you take the prize if the dealer loses. That automatically means that you will have two wins since you will automatically win the game if the dealer busts, and you don’t. The higher the number of cards a croupier goes through before busting, the more money you win in buster blackjack.
Can you play blackjack online real money games on mobile apps?
You definitely can play blackjack online on mobile apps that work across Android and iOS devices. The apps of the leading blackjack casinos are built with smooth working software, stunning graphics, and easily navigable user interfaces. You can place your bet on your mobile phone with real money, play online free games, and even choose to play with friends on these social gaming blackjack apps.
Online blackjack strategies and tips
There is no exact strategy that can guarantee you will always win the game, but you can use certain strategies to increase your winning potential. It starts with understanding the basic rules of the game. Your objective in blackjack is to be closer to 21 than the dealer without exceeding that number.
That said, you should then understand the value of the different cards. You will find that most of the cards used in the game are self-explanatory, except for a few. For example, a card carrying the number “5” is valued at “5 points”, but cards with A, J, Q, and K might be a bit dicey for beginners to understand. In this game, 10, K, Q, and J are all worth 10 points. As for aces, they can be valued at one point or 11 points depending on what will be beneficial to you in a specific situation.
Now that you know the cards’ values, the next important strategy to understand is “Card Counting”. Card counting is the most used technique for boosting players’ winning chances. The basic principle is to use arithmetic to calculate whether or not the next hand will be beneficial or not to either the player or the dealer. It also helps you know whether you should increase or decrease your bet. In card counting, you keep track of how many small valued and large valued cards have been dealt, and how many are left in the deck. If you master this strategy, you can increase your winning chances significantly.
Many betting systems have been developed, which can boost the winning chances of gamblers. Examples include Martingale, d’Alembert, Fibonacci, 1-3-2-6, Parlay, and Oscar’s Grind.
Here are some tips you can add to your blackjack gaming arsenal:
- Always know the house edge before you start gambling.
- Always play with money that you can spend without harm to your budget.
- Remember to use a well-memorized strategy or betting system.
- Play calculatedly – never gamble out of emotion.
Casino banking options
The top gambling sites usually have a wide range of channels for online casino payments. The most common deposit and withdrawal methods that Dutch players can use include:
- Credit/Debit Card: You can use your MasterCard, Visa, or other credit card providers to carry out transactions on many gaming websites.
- E-Wallets: You can use your favorite e-wallets such as Skrill, Neteller, and others to make deposits and withdrawals on the different casinos.
- E-Payment solutions: Dutch players can use Trustly or Pay N Play to make payments and receive their earnings on most betting platforms. There are also many gambling sites where online blackjack iDeal customers can play if that is the payment tool they prefer.
- Cryptocurrency: Some online casinos are already accepting deposits and withdrawals using bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, etc.
- Bank wire transfer: The good old wire transfer is also available to make deposits and withdrawals.
Casino playing rules and guides for beginners
As you already know, the game’s basic objective is to be the closest to 21 without going over. Here are some basic rules that you should remember:
- When the value of your hand is nearer to 21 than that of the dealer, you win. This is called a regular win, and the pay is 1:1.
- When the value of your hand is exactly 21, this is called a blackjack win, and the pay is 3:2.
- Double Down: You are free to place times two of your bet while playing, but you’re going to receive only one card, and you can’t take another after that.
- Split: You can use this option when you have two cards that are of the same value. You can turn this hand of two cards into two different hands – this can increase your chances of beating the croupier.
- Hit or stand: You can always add a card (hit) or stop (stand) so that your final hand value is equal to 21 or nearest to it.
- Sixteen and below: The croupier must add a card on any card hand that is equal to or below a value of 16.
Can you play online blackjack with friends?
Instead of playing with random individuals all the time, you might be wondering why you cannot have your friends at the table instead. The good news is you can always play card games online for real money with your friends. Top-tier casinos offer you the chance to play multiplayer online games. When you visit the internet casino of your choice, choose blackjack from the list of available games. Next, choose a table that you will play the game with your friends. Remember to look out for the minimum and maximum bets allowed for each table. You should pick a table with a lower limit that will be favorable for all of you. Also, check for the number of free seats available per table – ensure it is enough to accommodate you and your friends.
Blackjack is one of the most widely played card games globally, and you can boost your bankroll while playing on the various legal online blackjack casinos for Dutch players. You can decide to play blackjack online unblocked for free, or you can choose to play for real money. And remember that you’re free to play with your friends or total strangers if you like. But don’t forget to use well-memorized strategies all the time to help increase your winning chances at the table, and watch as your winnings pile up.